In modern trains the look & feel of the interior becomes increasingly important for train operating companies to provide a good customer experience. As the installed audio and video system has visual components in the passenger compartment, these components are inherently part of the total look & feel. Furthermore, as more and more displays are integrated on the train to display real-time information & advertisement and passengers are used to the experience and look & feel of today's electronic devices, a design update is needed.
The purpose of this thesis is to make a number of artist impressions of 2 devices :
- a passenger alarm panel with focus on ergonomic design and user experience
- a display housing with focus on material compliance (fire&smoke, EMC, temperature, impact, shock & vibration)
After selection of 1 artist impression, a 3D model or mock-up will be made on which a technical and commercial feasibility study will be performed to assess any technical restrictions and determine the cost drivers.
Nature of the work
- Level: Master
- Specialty: Mechanical / Product design
- Expected outcome: Research: 40%, Implem. 40%, Experim. 20%
- Location: Televic
- Type: Implementation, Literature Study, Design
- Number of students: 1 or 2