We’re looking for a curious Data Science Engineer
At Televic GSP we are dedicated to provide innovative and reliable railway passenger information and communication systems. With over 35 years of experience in the rail industry and in close cooperation with our customers, we design, produce, and maintain all of our products and solutions. We are proud to say that you will find our technology onboard over 60,000 vehicles worldwide.
But for that technology to enable our customers to excel, we need a curious Data Science Engineer. Why curious? Because curiosity not only makes for better teamwork, it also creates new insights and possibilities. Besides that, technological leadership and innovation drive everything that we do. So get on board with us and discover the rail communication technology of tomorrow.
Working as a Data Science Engineer
As a Data Science Engineer you will define, investigate and implement new data management and processing architectures within our ecosystem and implement/integrate algorithms turning data into smart applications. To do so, you’ll join a small team of technical leads and you will collaborate in research projects with academic and other industry partners.
You will also provide high-level technical recommendations on software and data science technologies and will focus on anomaly detection in networks and in mechatronic measurements. You explore the possibilities of image analysis and natural language processing in a railway environment.
Professional skills we’re looking for:
- A solid experience in Data management and processing architectures
- A Master’s degree or higher in the field of engineering (preferably software/ computer sciences)
- A solid understanding of data store technologies (e.g. MySQL, Elastic Search, Cassandra), data processing technologies (e.g. Apache Hadoop, Spark, Storm, TensorFlow), cloud technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) and a strong interest in machine learning techniques.
- Knowledge of Python; knowledge of microservices & Restful APIs are a plus.
But our ideal colleague also:
- Is an effective communicator within and across teams.
- Has the drive to learn, grow give their all every day;
- Sees a challenge as an opportunity to grow.
What’s in it for you?
- A full time contract (38 hour week) at a company that has international success, but remains solidly rooted in Belgium as it keeps on growing;
- An attractive salary, supplemented with our personalized Televic Bonus Plan as well as legal benefits;
- The chance to work on “state of the art” projects in a market that represents sustainability;
- An environment driven by teamwork and the constant will to innovate;
- The chance to deliver quality, because that’s what we stand for;
- A stimulating, no-nonsense mentality, with an eye for your unique talents and growth.