The all-in-one platform for easy interpreter training
interpreterQ is a professional interpreter training system that combines the Lingua Interpreter Desk with intuitive training software. Built in close collaboration with interpreters and their teachers, interpreterQ can capture student performances during classes, live conferences, and examinations.
With the Lingua Interpreter Desk, interpreters are trained using the same equipment they will be using in their professional environment.
Optionally, the local interpreterQ system can be extended with an extra module that enables flexible hybrid learning. The hybrid module lets you create a virtual classroom with full interpreting functionality both for in-class and remote participants.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE INTERPRETERQ
interpreterQ supports booths with one, two or three interpreters and allows you to interact with all students in the booth at the same time, or with only one individual student. If your conversation is relevant for the other booths, you can share it with the rest of the class.
Use any source
Use a live speech or any analogue or digital learning material to train future interpreters in a setting that mimics their real working environment. With interpreterQ the live speech is automatically digitalized so you can reuse it for other classes. Thanks to the desktop streaming function the teacher can send/record his screen in all booths.
Visual monitoring & sign language
Booth cams allow students and teachers to monitor facial expressions, note-taking and physical clues. In addition, it is very helpful when training sign language interpreting.
Control the interpreter booths remotely
As a teacher, you control all interpreter desks from your PC, even when these interpreter desks are in a different room:
- Put the booths in restricted mode for exam situations
- Force all interpreters to listen to the floor when you talk to the class
- Send a blank screen to grab the interpreter’s attention
- Listen discretely to interpreters’ activities (dual-track); they will not know that they are being monitored.
Link multiple rooms with one system
interpreterQ can be used with interpreter booths in multiple rooms, so you can optimally use the available infrastructure in your institution or organisation.
Automated training workflow
As an interpreting teacher, you want to limit the hassle of setting things up. interpreterQ allows you to complete the entire training workflow with a minimum number of clicks:
- Prepare live or recorded speeches
- Record both the source and the interpretations (optionally with webcams) for later dual-track playback
- Collect the results automatically
- Share a specific result with the class for review and discussion
ALSO FOR 'HYBRID TRAINING'
With the extra ‘hybrid extension’, interpreterQ also lets you organize interpreter training in a hybrid setting with full access to all key training functionalities, including:
- remote interpreting with dual-track recording (stereo);
- remote ‘virtual interpreter desk’ with relay possibility;
- remote guest speakers with re-use of the source material;
- remote intercom conversations;
- remote webcam view;
- remote streaming of the teacher’s desktop;
- remote evaluator with dual-track listening (stereo).