Izegem , Belgium
We’re looking for a curious Data Engineer
Wherever communication needs technology, Televic is at work. We develop, manufacture and install high-tech communication systems with a focus on 4 niche markets: Conference, Education, Healthcare and Rail. Televic Group enables the strategic ambitions of these Business Units by centralizing all IT, HR, finance, marketing, operations and procurement activities.
To support our growth ambitions we are on the lookout for a curious autonomous and talented Data Engineer that can help our company in the execution of a future-proof data strategy, data warehouse and adequate reporting.
- Do you have a first experience and passion for data warehouses, data synchronization and data governance?
- Are you ready to help Televic to become more data-driven?
- And do you want to work for an internationally growing organization?
Working as a Data Engineer
- With the help of an external partner, a new platform has been implemented in Televic. You will become the shop manager of this environment (ETL, Azure, Data Lake, Azure Synapse, Databricks, etc.)
- You take the lead in data strategy & modelling and you translate this into a continuous improvement roadmap.
- You are the gatekeeper when new data or information requests are being launched from business users. You guard the data governance (data quality, data catalog, ETL, etc.)
- You implement best practices for ETL to create regular data snapshots from our existing systems (ERP, CRM, …)
- You want to work on strategies for data access: security, API’s, data definition catalogs, trainings,…
- You assist other business/IT users with data-related needs (migration, conversion, citizen analysts, …).
Professional skills we’re looking for:
- Passionate about analytics (machine learning) technology & applications and eager to learn
- You combine a university in Computer Science, Engineering and/or a technically oriented field with:
- 2 years of experience as a data engineer or similar data-oriented work.
- Good knowledge of SQL and excellent coding skills (Python).
- You are able to organize your work in an autonomous and structured way.
- You have an analytical mindset.
But our ideal colleague…
- Has a passion for learning & personal development.
- Has a lot of attention to detail and a critical mindset.
- Is interested to follow-up on and experiment with emerging and future data technologies (like A.I., RPA and others).
- Is fluent in English and like working in an international environment.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work on state-of-the-art projects in a fast-growing market.
- A stimulating, no-nonsense mentality, and focus on personal growth & development (internal & external training, co-development with external partners, etc.).
- A full time contract (38 hour week) at a company that has international success, but remains solidly rooted in Belgium as it keeps on growing.
- An attractive salary, supplemented with our personalized Televic Bonus Plan as well as legal benefits.
- Passionate colleagues driven by teamwork and the constant will to innovate.