Televic Education is a world leader in the development of research-based solutions that help solve training, quality, certification, accreditation, permanent evaluation and collaboration challenges in many different industries.
The combination of our in-depth knowledge of specific sectors with scientific research has enabled us to create innovative solutions and to build long-term relationships with our clients that range from governments, educational institutions, hospitals as well as corporates.
assessmentQ is a digital exam platform developed and maintained by Televic Education. 250+ customers are using assessmentQ for organizing online and digital (practice) exams.
assessmentQ provides its users with tools to simplify the grading process. E.g. most question types provide auto-grading options. One of the question types that does not yet support auto-grading is Canvas. Canvas is a digital sheet of paper students can use to write their answers on. One of the most frequent uses of Canvas is math exams. Automatic grading of handwritten math formulas introduces new challenges.
During this thesis you will research and implement an AI/ML model that recognizes and transcribes handwritten math formulas:
* The model recognizes typical mathematical notation (fraction, integral, summation, …)
* The model recognizes numbers and algebraic symbols and can link these to the mathematical notations
* The model outputs the found mathematical formulas in LaTeX format.
If you are interested in this topic, please also register this on the Televic website at: https://www.televic.com/en/careers/internships-and-students so we can confirm the topic is still available.
- Level: Academic Master, Bachelor, Master, PhD
- Specialty: AI / Machine Learning, Software
- Type of work: Research: 40%, Implem.: 40%, Experim.: 20%
- Location: Televic, University
- Type of activities: Experimenting, Implementation, Literature study, Programming
- Number of students: 1 or 2