Izegem , Belgium
Televic GSP (Rail)
With over 30 years of experience in designing, manufacturing and maintaining on-board communication and control systems, Televic Rail is a leading, trusted partner for railway operators and train builders worldwide.
Its Passenger Information Systems and Control Systems are high quality, tailor-made solutions that offer the flexibility, user-friendliness and stability that our clients ask for. Our various types of on-board control systems such as our bogie monitoring systems are innovative yet reliable products which are designed specifically for the railway business.
Trains and trams all around the world are equipped with Televic Rail solutions, from New Zealand to Canada, from China to the United States, from India to Belgium, England and France.
SUT Center stands for System Under Test Center.
Main idea is to share common resources between Televic Rail projects (TRA project) for development activities but also for testing activities.
Main advantages would be :
- reduce time and cost to build test benches with same component
- reuse equipment for new Televic Rail projects
- be able to create bigger setups
- be able to define a testbench/setup as code
- be able to switch configuration (software AND hardware) of test bench easily
- be able to work remotely on test bench (worldwide, COVID context, for training, etc)
- connect physical and virtual devices/LRUs
In order to build our SUT Center we need basic bricks to be implemented first and the core of this SUT Center will depend on how easy we can connect devices (virtual/physical) together. For that we need 2 Proof Of Concept:
- Hardware - Matrix board : to connect different devices and kind of signals together
- Software - Setup As Code : abstraction/definition in order to define setup/infrastructure as code
As first target we could think to work on would be related to network switches and network cameras which are quite common over all TRA projects and look how we can dynamically connect camera to one or another port of the switch.
Then when this is done we could think how to scale the solution to include more devices and different signals.
- Level: Master
- Specialty: Automation, Electronics / Hardware
- Type of work: Research: 30%, Implem.: 50%, Experim.: 20%
- Location: Televic, University
- Type of activities: Design, Experimenting, Implementation, Measurements, Programming
- Number of students: 1 or 2