Televic Education is a world leader in the development of research-based solutions that help solve training, quality, certification, accreditation, permanent evaluation and collaboration challenges in many different industries.
The combination of our in-depth knowledge of specific sectors with scientific research has enabled us to create innovative solutions and to build long-term relationships with our clients that range from governments, educational institutions, hospitals as well as corporates.
AssessmentQ is a digital exam platform developed and maintained by Televic Education. 250+ customers are using assessmentQ for organizing online and digital (practice) exams.
In this thesis you will explore options to generate exam questions from a given text.
Given a text, generate X amount of multiple choice questions from the text. These questions will follow certain, predefined question templates.
E.g., "In what year did insert [insert historical event] take place? -> answer: [insert date/year]"
Research questions that will need to be answered during this thesis:
* how can you extract the necessary data from the given text? (segmentation, labelling, ...?)
* how do we define the template questions? Can the templates be derived from existing exam questions?
* how do you translate the data extracted from the text to the appropriate template?
* how do you score the accuracy of a generated question?
If you are interested in this topic, please also register this on the Televic website at: https://www.televic.com/en/careers/internships-and-students so we can confirm the topic is still available.
- Level: Academic Master, Bachelor, Master, PhD
- Specialty: AI / Machine Learning, Software
- Type of work: Research: 40%, Implem.: 40%, Experim.: 20%
- Location: Televic, University
- Type of activities: Design, Experimenting, Implementation, Literature study, Programming
- Number of students: 1 or 2