Izegem , Belgium
Televic Healthcare develops and manufactures high end solutions for nurse call, intercom, access control, patient entertainment and care registration for healthcare environments.
Our state-of-the-art systems are adapted to the ever higher demands of an evolving market, and have been implemented in newly built and refurbished healthcare institutions across the world.
AQURA is our next generation care communications platform. For this proof of concept we want to evaluate possibilities of integrating with a voice assistant
- In home setting, hospital setting, elderly setting
- Be it from generating a basic assistance call (replacing a physical button), down to using AI where the assistant tries to determine the nature of the request (Call Reason) and directs the request to the appropriate staff. (AQURA Flow and/or AQURA Call manager integration)
Voice assistant could be on of the existing commercial ones (Alexa, Siri, Cortana, google assistant) or an open source equivalent.
AQURA Intercom: In a second phase, this investigation could be extended into evaluating, formulating the design, or even implementing the above solution using our own AQURA Intercom.
Added: use own intercom
evaluation speech recognition and chatbots (integrating existing frameworks)
main use case, voice feedback on a physical to request call reason
Internal Notes: This proposal needs some investigation (0.5-1d) into feasibility before taking public. Confirm at least one of the mentioned platforms is sufficiently open to allow above exploration.
- Level: Master
- Specialty: AI / Machine Learning, Software
- Type of work: Research: 25%, Implem.: 50%, Experim.: 25%
- Location: Televic
- Type of activities: Experimenting, Programming
- Number of students: 1 or 2