Project Manager (Africa)
We’re looking for a Project Manager Televic Education is part of Televic, an international company specialized in innovative communication technology. Televic Education develops the SaaS-solution assessmentQ, which is the most versatile digital exam and practice platform in the world. assessmentQ is used on a daily basis by thousands of users all around the world in a variety of cases: healthcare, education, exam centers, certifying bodies, government, banking, insurance, publishers…
To support our continuous growth, we are looking for an experienced Project Manager who will be responsible for the management and implementation of our assessment projects in African education. This position is based in our Televic head office in Belgium but will require travel to Africa. In this function you are responsible for the overall budget, planning, implementation and coordination of all related subproject & activities
- A curious project manager?
- Experienced in the world of education?
- Experienced in working with remote teams?
Working as a Project Manager
- Within this role you’ll work closely with both the Belgian and the African teams, with almost all divisions, ranging from product management, R&D to the Customer Success Team.
- You actively mediate between the teams to get the assessmentQ platform implemented and used in African education.
- You organize trainings (train the trainer) and the setup and functioning of a remote support team.
- You are responsible for respecting the budget and project content and you ensure quality & timely delivery based upon agreed processes and SLAs.
- You gather requirements by communicating with both internal and external stakeholders, to adapt and improve the assessmentQ platform for the specific African needs.
- You are supported by a team of developers and UI/UX designers to work out the technical requirements.
- You report to the General Manager and the management team of Televic Education.
- You follow up on the implementation of the project and collaborate with the local operating team in Africa from Belgium. You will be based in Izegem, but occasional travel to Africa will be needed.
Professional skills we’re looking for:
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree and 2 to 5 years of work experience in a similar role, preferably working on software or SaaS products.
- You have experience working with remote teams.
- You have experience in setting up and delivering trainings.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You know how to work with learning management systems (LMS) and remote meeting tools.
- You are fluent in English, in Dutch is a plus.
But our ideal colleague…
- Is a team player who derives satisfaction from working closely with others in an international team.
- Is hands-on and loves making complex things simple.
- Has a genuine interest in educational technology and in the use of technology for assessment, evaluation and certification.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work with state-of-the-art solutions in a fast-growing market.
- The opportunity to travel regularly to visit our remote project and software development teams (based in Africa).
- Be part of an international company with roots in Belgium, but satellite offices all over the world.
- An attractive salary, supplemented with our personalized Televic Bonus as well as legal benefits.
- Passionate colleagues driven by team work and the constant will to innovate.
- A stimulating, no-nonsense mentality, with an eye for your unique talents and room for personal growth.