Izegem , Belgium
The Big Picture
Televic GSP designs, develops and manufactures state of the art passenger information systems and mechatronic measurement systems. As leading supplier for communication systems for the rail market, we continuously seek improvements through novel technologies and techniques.
To further accelerate innovations within our products, we are looking for a research engineer with a focus on software for an international assignment of min. 2 years at our hub in Berlin. You will research and develop various novel software solutions ranging from low-level algorithms for occupancy detection, over performance monitoring solutions in microservice deployments to automated fault injections in simulators.
- Solid understanding of computer science?
- Motivated to drive new technologies at Televic?
- And eager to work for an international organization that is gearing up for significant expansion?
Working as a Research Engineer at Televic means
- You collaborate on a daily basis with academic and industrial partners in national and international research projects.
- You collaborate with developers to implement the research in existing and new products.
- You will work on product solutions that span multiple technologies such as C, Java, …
- You detect relevant roadblocks inhibiting current solutions and invent novel and efficient solutions.
- You scout the State of the Art in a wide range of software branches and apply or advance them when applicable.
- You build Proof of Concepts that demonstrate novel techniques on a wide range of platforms.
Do you recognize yourself in this:
- Eager to discover novel approaches and trends
- You have a Master’s degree or higher in the field of engineering (preferably software/ computer sciences)
- You thrive on ambitious problems on the edge of industry and academics.
- You have a thorough knowledge of software development (e.g. in C, Java, Go, …), networking or microservice deployments (e.g. Java, docker, rabbitmq, REST, ELK, …).
- You learn quickly.
- You are an effective communicator within and across teams.
- You have good understanding of German.
What’s in it for you?
- A well-defined growth path to get you familiarized with our products and processes.
- The chance to work on state-of-the-art solutions in a fast-growing market and deliver quality, because that’s what we stand for.
- A stimulating, no-nonsense environment driven by teamwork.
- A full time contract (38 hour week)
- An attractive salary, supplemented with our personalized Televic Bonus Plan as well as legal benefits