Passenger Communication Unit
The PCU is part of Televic GSP ’s TRACS audio platform. It can be configured as PAD (Passenger Alarm Device) or CFA (Call For Aid) device to support different scenarios.
The PCU is built up from a standard base unit on which different front plates can be mounted. The look & feel can be matched to the customer’s needs.
The TRACS PCU is connected to the on-board Ethernet backbone through its IP interface.
Optionally, a second digital interface can be cabled to support a fully redundant digital fallback mode. This digital fallback mode enables an unprecedented level of availability of passenger intercom functionality.
The reduced depth of the PCU makes it possible to integrate it in space-constrained areas. The PCU features various interfaces to allow the connection of external buttons, hearing aid loop, and alarm loop.
- Optimized power consumption and thermal design.
- Powered via PoE Type 1 802.3at Class 0.
- Superior audio quality by means of advanced audio quality enhancement algorithms.
- Noise suppression & full duplex intercom capable.
- Optional digital fallback network independent from Ethernet backbone including power.
- Support for full compliance with applicable TSI, EN, APTA, RVAR and ADA standards.
- Rich set of interfaces: external buttons, alarm loop, hearing aid loop, external Input Output.
- IP54 front & IP32 housing rating by default.